Sunday, November 11, 2018

OLD TESTAMENT RUTH



STORY OF RUTH

The story of Ruth is in the Old Testament book that bears her name

Naomi, her husband, their two sons, of Bethlehem, left there because
of a famine went to Moab, a neighboring country where there was food
to be had.

Naomi husband died while they were there and the two sons married
Moab women, one being Ruth. Within 10 years both of Naom's
sons had died.

Naomi and her daughters in law heard that there now was food in
Bethlehem and decided to return to home. Naomi urged Ruth to
stay in her own country, but she committed to go, telling her mother in
law “ Do not urge me to leave you, where you go, I will go,. Your
people are my people, your God my God, where you die I die and be
buried.”

So they came to Bethlehem which the whole town became stirred
because of them and the Bethlehem women, asked “is this Naomi”
and she said to them “Do not call me Naomi, I am Mara, since the
Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me”.

As they arrived at Bethlehem it was barley harvest time and Naomi
has a worthy relative of her husband, Boaz, of the Elimelech clan .
She chose to be negative and was bitter, and said God had brought
calamity to her life.

However, Naomi had a hometown to come back to which had people
who knew her, there was food, She had her husbands relatives still
alive. There was the possibility that Ruth could marry.


Abstract: From USA Network, Wisconsin, “Share This Story” by
Pastor Cory Dahl of First Baptist Church of Sturgeon Bay


No comments:

Post a Comment