FOREST H. SNYDER OF REHOBOTH
SNYDERS ICE CREAM, NEWS STAND, BUS TERMINAL
Mr. Snyder, civic leader, owner and operator of the Rehoboth Ice Cream Parlor, newstand and bus terminal in the Snyder Building at 22 Rehoboth Avenue, died Sunday morning, April 19th, 1953, in his apartment in the Snyder Building of coronary thrombosis. He was 58 year of age. He had become ill during the night and a physician had attended him but after he arose as was feeling better, died at 11 am of the fatal attack.
He was a director of the Rehoboth Trust Company, president of the Chamber of Commerce, owner and operator of Synders Place, a combined newspaper, magazine agency, bus terminal and confectionery store and also a mecca and gathering place for Rehoboth school kids.
Mr. Snyder was , a sportsman, was a big stockholder of the Rehoboth Pirates Baseball team and the Rehoboth Ball Park. He made annual trips to Pennsylvania to hunt dear and bear.
Mr. Snyder came to Rehoboth as a bridge builder in the 1920;s and constructed bridges between Rehoboth and Milford. He opened his store, purchased from James S. Boyd, in 1936. The bus terminal was served by the Short Line, Red Star, and Greyhound.
Surviving are his widow , the former Jennie Richardson of Berea, Kentucky, his mother Mrs Barbara Wolaber Snyder, a brother Albert, a sister Clara, of Covington, Ohio. His father, was the late Nathan Calvin Snyder, of Newberry Township , Miami County, Ohio.
Atkins Funeral Home in Lewes was in charge of burial in the Rehoboth Epworth Cemetery. Source: Wilmington News Journal
20 July 1953